For this Weekend Reading Series, check out #Vote2020 for articles on two of the top issues of the 2020 election: affordable health care coverage and the COVID-19 pandemic. Next, #Perspectives provides articles about the impact of COVID-19 on individuals’ lives. Take time to explore #Fallback to read about the history of daylight savings time, why some wish to end the time change and more. Do not miss, #Once in a Blue Moon for great articles about this lunar event, including the wonderful piece How To See the Halloween Blue Moon (and Uranus!) With Your Kids, “The Uranus jokes never end,” an astronomer said!
I hope you enjoy the following:
Affordable Health Care Coverage
- Kaiser Family Foundation: Health Care and the 2020 Presidential Election
- American Medical Association: 7 major downsides if the ACA is overturned by Supreme Court
- New York Times: If the Supreme Court Ends Obamacare, Here’s What It Would Mean (including this again in case you missed it in an earlier Weekend Reading)
- Scientific American: Eight Persistent COVID-19 Myths and Why People Believe Them
- Scientific American: Debunking the False Claim That COVID Death Counts Are Inflated
- Reuters – ABC News: Sweden hits highest daily COVID-19 spread as chief epidemiologist says herd immunity not ‘ethically justifiable’
- Kaiser Health News: Scientists Warn Americans Are Expecting Too Much From a Vaccine
- Kaiser Health News: For Each Critically Ill COVID Patient, a Family Is Suffering, Too
- JAMA: Medicine and Grief During the COVID-19 Era The Art of Losing
- Bridge: Months after COVID, 1 in 4 Michiganders studied have yet to recover
3. #Fall Back
- VOX: Daylight saving time ends Sunday: 8 things to know about “falling back”
- WebMD: Most Americans Want to End Seasonal Time Changes
- New York Times: Medical Errors May Increase Around Daylight Saving Time in the Spring
4. #Once in A Blue Moon
- New York Times: How To See the Halloween Blue Moon (and Uranus!) With Your Kids “The Uranus jokes never end,” an astronomer said.
- Live Science: Rare full moon on Halloween will be seen across the US for the first time in 76 years
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Suzanne Daniels, Ph.D.
P.O. Box 1416
Birmingham, MI 48012
Office: (248) 792-2187
Email: [email protected]