Michigan is continuing down the path of reopening the state, with decline in the number of new cases and deaths again this week. Michigan is “on track to contain the virus” – a designation it shares with only two other states, New York and New Jersey. Progress – but challenges such as safely re-opening schools, remain. Texas, Alabama and other states have seen cases and hospitalizations rise as they have gone down the reopening road.
I hope you enjoy the articles!
1. It’s a Long and Winding Road
- Wall Street Journal: Coronavirus Patients Lose Senses of Taste, Smell—and Haven’t Gotten Them Back
- New York Times: These Athletes Had the Coronavirus. Will They Ever Be the Same?
- Washington Post: A long road home
- New York Times: When Am I Coming Home?’: A Tough Month Inside a Virus Recovery Unit
- The Atlantic: COVID-19 Can Last for Several Months
- Science: A cheap steroid is the first drug shown to reduce death in COVID-19 patients
- NPR: Cows Help With COVID-19 Treatment, No Bull
- WebMD: COVID-19 Vaccine: Latest Updates
3. Take Your Own Road
- New York Times: So You’re Thinking About Riding a Bike
- New York Times: How to Deal With Public Bathrooms During Coronavirus
- The Guardian: Walk this way? Take our famous hiking trails quiz
I hope you enjoy the weekend!