National Vision Administrators, LLC (NVA) – Vision Benefits. Smarter.®
Whether you’re looking to develop a new self-funded group sponsored plan or to stretch your vision benefit plan dollars further, National Vision Administrators (NVA) can help. Currently covering eight million lives, NVA negotiates substantial discounts from its network providers and drives additional savings through provider audits.
NVA is independent; their income comes solely from managing benefits, not selling eyewear. This makes NVA the only national vision administrator that doesn’t make more money when members spend theirs, thus increasing plan sponsor’s costs.
Plan members have access to a national network of nearly 100,000 NCQA-accredited vision care providers, including private practice ophthalmologists and optometrists as well as most major optical retail chains. Special discounts and programs such as these effectively limit out-of-pocket costs to members:
- Fixed pricing on lens options and frame pricing control
- Mail order replacement contact lens discounts integrated with vision benefit
- LASIK surgery discounts
- Hearing exam and hearing aid discounts
- Additional eyewear discounts after the benefit is exhausted
- Industry exclusive consumer-focused NVA Smart Buyer® program app, which informs members on how to save money on their eyewear purchases
AEPC member organizations can take advantage of NVA preferred vision pricing, including:
- Reduced administration fees
- Waiver of minimum monthly administration fee
- Reduced fees for discount vision plans
NVA is a US-based company with an AFSCME-represented workforce. Live NVA representatives are available 24/7/365 to assist members. They resolve member problems on the first call 99% of the time and have consistently been rated at a 99% member satisfaction rate for the last six years.