CVS Health Prescription Drug Program
With the AEPC Prescription Drug Program, you aren’t grouped into a cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all plan. Your organization chooses what’s best suited to its needs. And along with that choice, you also get extensive discounts that AEPC negotiates based on its purchasing coalition membership size.
The bottom line: AEPC provides your organization with a high quality plan at the lowest price. We do our due diligence, and it shows:
- CVS Health was selected by AEPC in 2019 as its prescription drug program partner after an extensive Request For Proposal (RFP) process. The three-year agreement is projected to save more than $93 million over current pricing. Additional discounts include an implementation credit for new participating groups, as well as an annual communication credit and administrative credit for AEPC member organizations.
- AEPC negotiated the right to conduct an annual market check during the third quarter of the first and second years of the contract term that can result in additional savings.
- AEPC member organizations retain control of their plan design, including co-pays, directly issuing claims payments to CVS, and selecting from multiple formularies.
- AEPC conducts annual audits of its prescription drug program at no cost to participating organizations, with 100% of the audit recoveries being returned to the groups. Driven largely by ironclad contract performance guarantees and aggressive pricing terms, the most recent five audits resulted in approximately $6.5 million being paid to AEPC participating groups.
Here are some of the features that make CVS Health the best choice for your plan members:
- CVS Health offers an extensive network of more than 68,000 retail pharmacies throughout the U.S. as well as a mail order service. If interested, AEPC groups can request a narrower retail network that provides additional savings.
- CVS allows participants to fill prescriptions for a 90-day supply of maintenance drugs at a retail CVS store while the participating group receives the favorable mail order pricing.
- CVS’ team dedicated to AEPC helps participating groups find actionable solutions to help lower drug costs and improve health outcomes. CVS’ clinical programs include strategies to address opioid use, adherence to medical protocols specialty drug use and more.
- The CVS pharmacy program has earned accreditation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). The NCQA quality assessment program focuses on consumer protection, customer service improvement and helps guarantee that organizations are following objective, evidence-based best practices.