The situation with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is changing minute by minute. There is no lack of news on the many dimensions of the pandemic ranging from prevention, testing, preparedness, event cancellations, and more. Sorting through the information can sometimes be challenging.
For this weekend reading, articles and links on the following coronavirus topic area:
1. Personal Protection Steps and Household Preparedness
- American Red Cross: Steps to Help Protect Against Coronavirus COVID-19
- CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Note: Be sure to have a working thermometer at home!
2. Hospital Readiness
- World Economic Forum: Every ventilator becomes like gold’ – doctors give emotional warnings from Italy’s Coronavirus outbreak
- Washington Post: This is the coronavirus math that has experts so worried: Running out of ventilators, hospital beds
- New York Times: U.S. Hospitals Prepare for Coronavirus, With the Worst Still to Come
3. Stopping the Spread